Texting while Driving, A Dangerous Act - 22 February 2011 - Mr Blue
Saturday, 12.03.2016, 2:37 PM
Mr Blue
Welcome Guest | RSS
Main | Registration | Login
Site menu

Section categories
Arts [57]
Automotive [64]
Blogging [9]
Business [3]
Careers [15]
Computer [40]
Education [20]
Entertainment [20]
Environment [18]
Fashion [20]
Finance [29]
Fitness [20]
Food [20]
Gaming [20]
Health [20]
Holiday [20]
Home [10]
Investment [9]
Marketing [10]
Music [17]
News [72]
Nature [0]
People [2]
Personal [1]
Pets [10]
Real Estate [10]
Recreation [10]
Reference [8]
Shopping [95]
Sports [32]
World [3]

Our poll
Rate my site
Total of answers: 7

Statistics

Total online: 1
Guests: 1
Users: 0

Login form

Main » 2011 » February » 22 » Texting while Driving, A Dangerous Act
5:45 AM
Texting while Driving, A Dangerous Act
Texting while driving is dangerous and several people admit to doing it. 50% of teens admit to texting while driving, despite the fact that 37% of teens rated text messaging while driving as "extremely" or "very" distracting.

Over thirty cities in Texas have banned people from texting while driving, one city is Houston . It has become so dangerous that the Texas legislature is prosing a state wide text ban while driving. Even defensive driving school such are now required to speak about the dangers of distractions behind the wheel in order to inform the public. Really, if you're sixteen or sixty years old, you don't have anything so important to say that you have to text it while you're driving and a little more than half of the population realizes that. A survey by the Texas Transportation Institute found 52 percent of Texans want to ban cell phone use while driving. When the survey was being taken, the other 48 percent of Texans were too busy checking their Facebook walls on their iPhones to notice. 

The biggest problem with banning texting while driving is that police officers are already a thinly spread resource. We don't even have enough officers to enforce the laws currently in effect, so adding a new duty of text watch-man would cause them to spend even more time on the roads observing drivers. That is why the Texas legislature wants to pass a law to install jammers in automobiles so people won't be able to have the option to text while driving.

People that want to text while driving will look for ways to get away with it. Drinking and driving is against the law, but people do it anyway. Drugs are illegal, but people buy, sell, and use them anyway. With laws in place to prevent such extreme behavior as drug use as well as drinking and driving, it's highly doubtful that laws will stop texting while driving. However, the threat of punishment does stop some people from getting involved in illegal activity. That's what the laws are for: To reduce illegal activity to less than what it would be if the laws weren't in place. Right now, people text with their phone next to the top of the steering wheel to keep the road within their peripheral vision. 

With the banning of text messaging, people text with their phones down by their thighs so onlookers can't see them texting which keeps their eyes completely off the road. Laws that prohibit texting while driving could reduce the number of people who text while driving, but the people who still text while driving will be doing it in an even more dangerous manner than they were before the laws were in place. 
Category: Automotive | Views: 126 | Added by: MrBlue | Tags: Automotive, Fember Sentana, Articles Automotive | Rating: 0.0/0

Total comments: 0
Name *:
Email *:
Code *:
Search

Calendar
«  February 2011  »
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728

Shopping
Shopping

Visitor
free counters

Powered by MyPagerank.Net

Copyright MyCorp © 2016 Free website builderuCoz